Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Detested Radishshark!

I introduced Jack Prelutsky to my kindergartners today.  What fun!  It was exciting to share that he is our first Children's Poet Laureate, very famous and that he lives right across the street from Blakely AND he is coming to our school in October!!!!!!!  Click on his name to read about our soon to be favorite poem....The Detested Radishark.

We got out a new math tub today....Geoboards.  Of course your very creative children knew how to do wonderful things with them already.
















We are enjoying the Special Person of the day routine.  The most important part is that person gets to be the LINE LEADER.  We do some fun activities with an interview and a folder of pictures to take home from classmates.  It's a little hard waiting for a turn!




1 comment:

Candace said...

Karen, I love this blog! I'm sitting in an airport, already missing him, and I get to see what he did today. Thanks!!