Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day Fun!


Wow!  I am amazed how confident these little kindergartners are!  They're raising their hands, standing in line, listening to their teacher (mostly), and making new friends ALREADY!!!  We had a great first day.

I got their "coconut photos" up on our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom bulletin board. 

Favorite book already is Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes.  We will be reading lots of books about colors for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for sending in all of your stuff....keep it coming if you haven't had a chance, or you can bring it on our Tuesday Parent Night.

I am sure you have a very tired child this evening.....they looked a little dazed when I put them on the bus.  I hope they want to come back and try it again tomorrow.  I can't wait!

6 comments:

Trish said...

Nita had a great day! She was so excited when she got off the bus. She's rarin to go tomorrow. Thank you!

Susan said...

Ellie also came off the bus excited and exhausted from her first day adventures. We are looking forward to a great year!

Alice said...

So excited that Rowan's teacher is a blogger!! What an awesome way to keep us "posted"! Thanks for getting us off to a great start!

meganeiden said...

I was convinced that I'd be carrying a sleeping boy off the bus this afternoon, but he was bright-eyed and clearly pleased as punch with his day's accomplishments. Thank you for ensuring that his first day was so positive.

Candace said...

Clarkie had way too much fun yesterday: "Mama... I can do this!"

Joni Wickline (Madelyn's Mom) said...

Maddie had a great first day of kindergarten and fell into bed by 7:30 last night. Thank you Ms. Keller for making school fun. Maddie already love you.