Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday!

This will be a short post! 

I left the class this morning at 9:00 (for a Seattle doctor's appointment), after hanging out awhile to make sure our substitute, Ms. Palmer, was good to go.  Actually she would've been good to go right from the start of the day but it was the first time for her to sub in my classroom and I wanted to help in any way I could!  After a long (but always interesting) sharing circle they continued on with Ms. Palmer reading some more bear books - the beautifully illustrated "Old Bear",  the traditional "Corduroy"  and then onto some activities connected to the books.

We will spend the rest of the week celebrating Chinese New Year which starts Thursday, February 3rd and lasts until the next full moon - about 15 days away.  I am encouraging all of my kindergartners to wear RED on Thursday for good luck!  We will also have a little celebration of Friday and I would love to have a couple of volunteers to help with centers!

GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!!!!!!!!!! 

1 comment:

Candace said...

Karen - what time on Friday?