Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday!

We talked (and talked...) about friendship today.  Well, actually, we talk about friendship on most days but today I read many books, we made lists, we acted it out and really went DEEP talking about what it is to be a good friend.  Of course I won't mention that we still had some problematic moments at recess EVEN THOUGH we spent most of the day talking about being a good friend.  We will continue this important work!  We read:  "My Friend Rabbit", "Hondo & Fabian", and "Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend".  Our favorite was the Scaredy Squirrel book - very witty!  We are also having fun noticing the Caldecott Medals on our books!

The school photo that I shared on Friday is one that I took right before the professionals did their job.....it's not the real one!  We will have to photo-shop Patrick in that one since he wasn't here on Friday!


I look forward to seeing you for our parent-teacher conferences....I am so enjoying your children - they are wonderful!















 

1 comment:

Candace said...

Highlight of my day looking at these. Thanks Karen, for this daily window onto the Room 2 world.